8:30AM - 3:30PM
2926 Richmond Ave Philadelphia, PA
The difference a day makes.
During this day-long mindfulness meditation retreat we will explore mindfulness of breath and body practices to promote connection, relaxation, healing, and insight.
WHY ENTER RETREAT?
1. Entering retreat, we shift from a mode of “doing” into “being.”
We do so much. Whether for ourselves or others, it seems we are always moving. Alway accomplishing. Task to task, day to day, week to week.
Entering retreat, we connect with the simple, nourishing, and healing experience of being present for our life moment by moment. We discover the wholeness, fulfillment, and connection we seek is always already available to us.
2. Entering retreat with a group, we open to insight.
Practicing meditation for an extended period, especially in the company of a group, heightens and concentrates the energy of our own practice, and primes us for insight.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
The day will consist of alternating periods of sitting meditation, mindful movement, walking meditation, as well as opportunities for sharing within the group and to ask questions of the teacher.
*If you are unable to afford the full cost of retreat, partial scholarships are available. Please contact email@example.com with subject "Retreat Cost" for assistance.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
1. Dress comfortably.
2. Water and a lunch. Light refreshments and snacks will be available.
3. A yoga mat and personal meditation cushion if you have one (if you do not have one, mats and cushions are available at the studio). Chairs are also available as an option for seating.
4. An open mind.
5. An umbrella, in case we head outdoors.
6. A journal and pen for journaling, if you find that to be of benefit.